1. First, confirm where the site will point:
Find out where they would like the sub domain to point.
2. Add Sub-Domain:
- Click Domains
- Click the Green UP arrow next to Sub Domains
- Type the sub domain name
- Click Create
3. Add an A Record:
If the site has a dedicated IP and they want it to point to the home page then you can remove the A records that were created and add a new one to the dedicated IP.
- Highlight the dedicated IP from the Domain page in Hsphere
- Click the edit icon next to DNS
- Click the trash cans next to the sub domain A records
- Click Create a Custom A record
- Add the sub domain name
- Change TTL to 100
- Enter the IP you copied
- Click Save
- Wait for propagation to test the domain.