Q: How can I change the settings on my PayPal account so that my customers will be required to enter a phone number?
A: When using the PayPal Express Checkout you may want to consider requiring your customer to add a phone number to their PayPal account. This will cause them to have to edit their account after logging in during the checkout process and add a phone number.
Note: If you do not set the requirement, WSM will require a phone number on your checkout screen.
Settings in PayPal:
- Log into PayPal, https://www.paypal.com
- Click Profile from the My Account main menu
- Click My Selling Tools in the left side menu
- Locate Website preferences on the page and click Update to the right of that section
- Scroll to Contact Telephone Number section and click the radio button for On (Required Field)
- Click Save button