Sites have the option to link social media accounts on their homepage or footer area but you must first have a profile to link to. This article will explain the benefits of having a LinkedIn Company profile, how to create a profile to link to from your site, and how to use it to the advantage of your site.
Setting up a LinkedIn Company Profile
1. On your internet browser, go to http://www.linkedin.com/company/add/show. You will see this opening page:
2. Enter in your company name and your email address at the company. Click on the checkbox to verify that you are an official representative of the company. Click Continue.
3. LinkedIn will send a confirmation email to the email address that you have registered with.
4. Go to your email inbox and look for an email from LinkedIn Create Company Profile. The subject line is “Please confirm your email address to finish creating the company profile for”. In the email, LinkedIn will provide you a link to click to confirm your email address and finish creating your company profile.
5. The link will take you back to LinkedIn’s site, click Confirm.
6. Re-enter your email address and password to sign in LinkedIn.
7. Now your company profile is set up and you start editing your company information, upload your company logo, adding Designated Admins, posting jobs, and more!