Problem: If you are using Outlook as your mail module and it starts freezing up and making it difficult to send and/or to receive emails, it could be that your folders are not synchronizing correctly.
Go through the steps below to fix this issue.
- Navigate to File--
- > Options
- > Advanced
- Scroll down to the send/receive heading
- Click on the send/receive button on the right
- On the right hand side of the send/receive groups window that opens --click on the Edit button
- Un-check the "Get folder unread count for subscribed folders"
- Under Received mail items, check the option "User the custom behavior defined below"
- In the window below that displays your email folders just select inbox and leave the others unchecked
- Click ok and then exit out of options and perform a send/receive to test if it is now working