Steps to packing Combo Files from SDC
- Before you can package a combo file you will need to get a list of makes and models that the client wants to keep.
- Once you have this list open your Combo file that was downloaded from SDC.
- Next to column AG (Model) insert a new column with a heading of "Make-Model".
- In column AH (Make-Model) create a concatenate formula that combines columns AF and AG
- Type the following formula: =TRIM(CONCATENATE(AF[insert cell # from column AF here],"-",AG[insert cell # from column AH here]))
- The TRIM function will remove any extra spacing that SDC automatically has in their combo files
- In column AH there should now be a concatenated value for make and model (e.g. Ford-F-250) that is pulling columns AF and AG together
- Select that cell then click the bottom right corner when the black + sign appears and drag all the way down to the end of your columns
- The formula should now be applied to every cell creating new Make-Model information in cell AH