Sites have the option to link social media accounts on their homepage or footer area but you must first have a profile to link to. This article will explain the benefits of having a Pinterest profile, how to create a profile to link to from your site, and how to use it to the advantage of your site.
Setting up a Pinterest Profile
1. On your internet browser, go to http://pinterest.com. You will see this opening page:
2. Click Join Pinterest.
3. You have several options to register with Pinterest. If you currently have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can create an account by your existing social media account with Pinterest. Otherwise, you can proceed signing up with an email address. This tutorial will demonstrate using an email address to sign up. Click on your email address to continue.
4. Create your account by entering information in the following fields:
- Username – up to 15 characters
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Photo – Upload a photo from your computer
Click Create Account.
5. Select 5 images you like to personalize Pinterest to your interests. Once 5 images are selected, click Continue.
6. Now you are logged into your newly created Pinterest pinboard account!
Please note: on the top of the page to verify your email which will confirm your new account.
7. Start Pinning!